We are Treats and Bites Ltd, and our main office is 12 Southglade Park, Gala Way, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 9RG. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are known as a Data Controller. We take our obligations as a Data Controller seriously and below you can find out more about how we look after your personal data. For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998 you can visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
All our contact details can be found on our website. Follow this link to our contact details.
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information
We collect and store certain personally identifiable information about you (such as, information which may identify you in some way; such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, screen name and/or financial information) (“PII”) through the Site only when you voluntarily submit it. We may request that you submit PII in certain instances, such as when you purchase products and services offered by us on this Site, submit comments or questions, request information, participate in a promotion, contest or sweepstakes or utilise other features or functions of this Site.
Moreover, when you connect to the Site, there is certain PII (e.g. IP address, purchase preferences, profiling features) that may include identifiers that may permit us to serve tailored ads to your device, along with technical, non-personally identifiable information which does not identify any individual (“Non-PII”, e.g. internet browser type) that may be collected and stored through the use of “cookie” technology. In addition, other parties such as advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your online activity over time and across the Sites. This information assists us to develop our business and provide customers with products tailored to visitors’ needs You may set your computer browser to disable cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you disable cookies, we may be unable to optimize your visit to a Site and certain features on the Site may not be available.
Use of Your PII
- To respond to your questions and comments; to provide you with access to certain areas and features on a Site; and to communicate with you about your activities on a Site.
- To fulfil your requests.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
- To the extent that you provide us with financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with shopping or commercial services offered on a Site, we may use the financial information that you provide to fulfil your order.
- To help us develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising.
- To share with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and promotional partners involved in creating, producing, delivering, or maintaining a Site, as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such as administration of the Site, administration of promotions or other features on the Site, marketing, data analysis, and customer services).In order to share such information, it may be necessary for us to transmit your PII outside the jurisdiction set forth below and you agree to this transfer. Further use or disclosure of PII by these parties for other purposes is not permitted.
- To share with third party service providers whom we employ to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such functions may include, but are not limited to, order fulfilment, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data and providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service). These third-party service providers have access to PII that is needed to perform their functions, and may collect or store PII as part of their performance of these functions, but are not authorized to use it for other purposes.
- For our internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services and customer communications.
- For other purposes as disclosed when your PII is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to a particular feature of a Site.
- For disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order.
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending, or exercising legal rights.
- In an emergency to protect the health or safety of users of a Site or the general public, or in the interests of national securit
Except as provided for herein, we will not provide any of your PII to any third parties without your specific consent.
Managing Your Personal Information
You have the ultimate control over the PII that we collect and use. You can always choose not to provide certain PII, but please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by a Site unless you provide us with your PII (e.g., we will not be able to fulfil your order without certain PII).
If you wish to verify, update, cancel or correct any of your PII collected through a Site, please contact us by post or by phone.
Sharing of Information
The Site does not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with independent companies for their own use without providing you a choice. Personally, identifiable information that you provide to us in the course of using our site features or requesting a product or service through this website may be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases.
This Site may share personally identifiable information with subcontractors (e.g. cloud service providers). Subcontractors are restricted from using this data in any other way other than to provide these services to bakerdays and they may not share or resell this data.
Site metrics for this site may be shared with other bakerdays websites or subsidiaries or affiliates. The information shared will be aggregate data and will not include any of your personally identifiable information.
This site will disclose your personally identifiable information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on bakerdays; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of bakerdays and this site; or, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of bakerdays, its web sites, or the public.
Protection of Children's Privacy
Treats and Bites takes the protection of children’s privacy seriously. We operate the Sites in compliance with all applicable laws in the jurisdiction set forth below. We do not collect PII from any person under the age of thirteen (13). Children under thirteen (13) years of age should have a parent/ guardian’s consent before providing any personal information to a Site. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without his/her parent/guardian’s consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities.
Security Practices - Retention of Data
The security of your PII is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or information stored on a Site or our servers will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties, such as hackers. Your use of a Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages (including, but not limited to, any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or other damages of any kind, whether in contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence), or otherwise) that you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration of any information you submit to a Site. We retain information that we collect as long as it is necessary and relevant for the purposes of collection unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Transfer of Assets
During the course of our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires bakerdays or all or substantially all of our assets, PII and Non-PII that we have collected about the users of the Sites may be transferred to such entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties.