We wanted to share the extra precautions we’re taking here at bakerdays In Nottingham to ensure we are prepared for all scenarios and able to deliver to you safely, in line with the Government’s advice on preventing the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Coronavirus is not considered a food safety issue by the Food Standards Agency or the EFSA (European Food Standards Authority) but as a gifting business, our main focus is on limiting the risk of spreading the virus through human contact.
What we are doing here at bakerdays
- Staff are aware of the situation and our hygiene practice is being maintained at our highest level.
- Washing hands for 30 seconds and sanitising hands after washing (above government recommendation as we are following Food Safety Standards) is being carried out by all staff.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the bakery door and all staff and visitors must sanitise their hands when coming into the building.
- Staff must wash their hands if they touch their face, again, 30 seconds and then sanitise.
- All kitchen equipment is cleaned using disinfectant.
- Staff members who have been abroad have been asked to self isolate.
Good hygiene is critical
Health authorities have been clear that maintaining good hygiene is absolutely critical. We operate within a 5-star food Food Standards Agency (FSA) Cake Studio and continue to follow updates and protocol suggested by the CDC, local Departments of Public Health, and WHO to best ensure the safety of our customers and team so that we can keep delivering to you safely.
Limiting contact when delivering orders will help keep everyone healthy, so from today our couriers will be operating 'contact-free' deliveries. This means that when they ring the doorbell, they can place the parcel on the floor and can sign for it on your behalf. Alternatively, when you receive your tracking information from DPD, you can select "Leave in a safe place". This allows you to type in exactly where you would like the delivery to be left so no contact is necessary.
If you have any queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us via our email: email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)333 577 2559